Souper Bowl in Davidson NC a Success! What a great idea and event that took place at Davidson College. a soup cook off to benefit Hammers. Great restaurants and sweet shops from around the Davidson NC area came and participated in the 8th annual soup cook off. Over 400 people came out to sample different types of soups and to partake in some sweet treats from local area sweet shops. There was a live blue grass band, singers from Davidson College and a silent auction taking place. Here were the winners of the 8th annual Souper Bowl in Davidson NC:
Winners and other entries were:
- Best Overall – Jeffrey’s of Lake Norman, in Mooresville, Cream of Parsnip with Purple Potato Goat Cheese Spuma and Smoked Bacon.
- Best Chunky – Toast Cafe, Kentucky Bourbon Corn & Smoked Chicken Chowder. Other entries: Armin’s Catering at Beaver Dam, Smoke Green Chil Corn Chowder with Chicken; Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse, Flatiron Stew; Restaurant X, Southwestern Chicken Chowder; Sabi Asian Bistro, Hot & Sour soup.
- Best Creamy – Campania Cafe, Cream Sweet Potato & Rosemary. Other entries: Jeffrey’s of Lake Norman, Cream of Parsnip with Purple Potato Goat Cheese Spuma and Smoked Bacon; Restaurant X, Irish Bacon & Cabbage.
- Best Farm to Spoon – Campania Cafe, Winter Minestrone featuring local beef from Mills Family Farm.
- Best Vegetarian – Toast Cafe, Tomato Pesto Bisque. Other entry: La Patisserie, Vegetarian Lentil.
- Most Creative – Armin’s Catering at Beaver Dam, Mini-Matzo Ball with Chicken.
Desserts were donated by Bird & Bear Cookie Co, Davidson Chocolate Co., and Sweet Cakes Bakery.
What a great event to help out the local community, if you are interested in seeing homes for sale in Davidson NC don’t hesitate to contact Alyssa Roccanti (704) 654-9305 firstname.lastname@example.org